Marathon & Half Marathon
Training Group Online Registration is closed
Join us for support, camaraderie, and information about running mechanics, nutrition, strategy and more. All levels of runners are welcome!
- Kickoff breakfast on Saturday, January 13th at 8:30 a.m. at South Sound Running.
- Lectures and runs are at 7:30 am on Saturdays at South Sound Running, Olympia.
- All runs include water stops.
- Recovery food is provided after long runs (12 miles or longer).
- Road ID provided (personal contact information in case of an emergency) at the kickoff breakfast and first training runs.
- Benefit from advice and guidance from our experienced staff.
The group runs include planned water stops and brief pre-run lectures to help runners prepare to reach their goals.
Many runners also make new friends and running partners that go beyond race day.
Capital City 5 Mile Training Program
This program, led by Club Oly members is a 16 week program designed for new runners
and those who have NO running experience who want to make a positive change in their lives.
The program is designed to train new runners to run the Capital City 5 mile race in Olympia on
Sunday, May 20, 2017. More information about the 2018 program will be posted here once it's available.
Training Group Documents, Plans, Maps
Schedule for the 2018 training group - Revised as of December 10, 2017
Full Training Cycle
Effort vs. Type of Run
3 Week Taper
Routes: Dates / Marathon distance / Half Marathon distance
The group run route maps will be posted here the day before each run.